I've fixed some bugs in the beta that dealt with mods, and some other game breaking bugs as well.
There's a new mod kit that has some changes for mouse cursor handling.
As always, you can get the updated beta on Steam. Or you can download the patch here, and overwrite the game exe, dll, and some data files with this patch.
If all goes well for the next week or so, 1.0.4 will leave beta go out officially next week.
Changes for beta 1.0.4 Build 141001.
- * Fixed a crash when disabling mods that had new map types.
- * Fixed the toolbar showing empty buttons in certain cases.
- * The trade UI now dynamically resizes to make sure all items can be shown at once. This fixes crashes when the general merchant comes with many mods that add resources enabled.
- * Fixed a rare crash that was caused by closing tooltips in a particular way.
- * xWMAEncode now uses the /bin parameter to located it.
- * Fixed a bug that allowed combo box drop downs to stay up if the parent button went away.
- * Added an option to draw the mouse cursor in software in cases where DirectX fails to display the cursor properly.
- * Moved 'clip mouse to window' option from Game options to input options.
- * Added a cursor option that allows the resource to specify the hot spot of cursors. This also facilitates the software cursor.
- * Added a Reset All option to the game launcher. This allows the game to reset to default settings if a setting is causing a game crash. The command line option /reset also does the same thing. Note this will unset achievements in non-steam versions.
- * Adding an option to the game launcher to disable use of DirectInput. This should allow systems where the mouse doesn't move to work properly, however only the left, right, and middle mouse buttons will be available.
- * Roads will now always draw roads no matter how many there are on the terrain.
- * Misc fixes for rare crashes.