Map seeds appear to have been shuffled around with beta 1.0.5
  • Hello! I have a favourite map seed that I like to play. The seed is 50384032. Before the beta patch, this was an island starting location. Now it's not, and the map looks very different.

Have the map seeds been shuffled around with this update? Was it intended? And most important of all, will we be able to figure out what the new map seed of the old 50384032 will be? :)

Thanks again for an amazing game!
  • You probably installed a Mod that adds different map generators, such as the "bigminimap.pkm" or others. Just take these new mods out of the WinData folder and you have the normal ones back. No shuffling of map seeds was done ;)

By the way, nice map, that 50384032. ;)

Fred

EDIT: Any mod that adds new maps will cause this. One thing you can do is to clean out all mods, start the game and create the map, save and exit and then add the mods and start the game again. Your map will be the one you created. It works for me....it should work for you.
  • thats a good idea :)
  • I've tried. Deleted all mods, even reinstalled the game from scratch. The 1.0.5 beta won't create this map for me, even without any mods.

It will however generate the correct map when i opt out of the beta, and launch 1.0.4.

I want to play with Adam & Eve start with the new Colonial Charter version, on a Bleak Mountain terrain. That's hard to do without any mods installed tho :)
  • Hm, strange.......I liked the (your) map so much that I started a new game in the CC Mod (Colonial Charter) with the Adam and Eve and it worked fine for me. Below is a picture of the map that shows the island start as you mentioned above........ Is it that one?
    I started that map with CC and some other mods and with Large size and Swampy Valleys terrain + CC-Adam and Eve. No problem. I have the 1.0.5 Patch.

[img]http://s9.postimg.org/57farh3in/Screenshot480.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/r9gx198r5/Screenshot481.jpg[/img]

Fred
  • Yes, It's that one! I'm missing it so much :(

Could you do me a favor? Start a game with the following settings, and upload the save for me to continue on? :)

Seed 50384032
    Terrain: CC Bleak Mountains
    Size: Large
    Climate: Harsh
    Disasters: On
    Starting Conditions: CC Adam & Eve

That would at least get me started. Im dying to start a proper game with the new CC mod :)
  • As soon as I am back home, I will. Give me two days or so. ;)
  • Did you solve the problem or do you still want me to create that map?

Fred
  • I found another map that I used, thanks anyway sir :)
  • Ok, thanks for letting me know. If I can help any other way, let me know. ;)

Fred
  • Hello again mate, dunno if you're still here, but if you could make me this map with the settings mentioned above, I would be really grateful :)
  • Still here, but not at home (buissness trip) I will be this weekend and try to make you this map

Seed 50384032

Please confirm

Fred
  • Confirmed :)
  • Ok, here it is. Name is Limestone Trail (something I quickly thought of looking at those peaks on the map) but it can be changed once in the game. Click only on the Orange-coloured *Download Now* link:

http://www113.zippyshare.com/v/iQCyviEv/file.html

........as asked for, tested, opens nicely in my game..... Hope it will work for you too. Let me know please. ;) Have fun!

Fred

Seed 50384032
  • Aw man, thanks! However, it crashes miserably, after prompting about a ton of missing addons :)

Could you do a save with ONLY the latest ColonialCharter version? Or is that too much to ask? <3
  • bah yeah it needs only 1 addon, CC, not anything more than that
  • Ok, I will make a save with CC only when I am back home, maybe on thursday or latest on the next weekend.

Fred
  • Here is the Limestone Trail 2 savegame file. The only thing in my WinData document was the ColonialCharterCotGL.pkm. Nothing else.
    Hope that it will work for you this time. ;) Let us know.

Fred

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/GVndELUq/file.html

Btw, sorry it took so long, I was in NZ for the week.
  • No problem sir, I've already started a new game that I enjoy a lot :)

This was better, but still requires the old CC to play, which leads me to believe that it's not created with the 1.0.5 beta version of Banished. Am I right?
  • The only thing I had in my winData folder was the latest ColonialCharterCotGL.pkm file, as I was asked for. I have no idea what version that is and no idea how to find out.

Fred

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!